Correctional stories from your not home town....

Sunday, March 04, 2007

No Iowa, instead I went to Ohio to buy a truck this weekend!

So, I couldn't go to Iowa, but my Mom called a couple hours before I had to go to work and asked me if I wanted to go to Ohio to buy a truck, Ohio street that is... :) So I figured, sure why not. So apparently I took my stupid pills that day and we went to Ohio street to look at a 1997 Ford Ranger with 4 wheel drive. So my Dad took the truck for a spin, and it had brand new all terrian tires and that is about 500 dollars worth of tire. Of course, it had a few dings on the passanger side and a bent antenna from hitting a deer and the mirror was gone, a few tiny surface rust spots, not many, a little hole in one head light, the inside dome light removed, and a line dented on the tail gate. Hmmmm... I wanted a full size Chevy, 4X4. Okay, so it was a 4X4, but a FORD *groans*, So we left and my Dad told the guy it needed too much work. So I ask him what he thinks as we drive back, and he says well, it is cheap what do you expect. Neither of us knew book price on it though. Then I state, but it has good tires and they want 2,000 for it, so basically you are getting the truck for 1,500. Hmmmm... so I call the guy back as we are driving, and his wife answers, and I state I don't know who is in charge of the price negotiations, but I figure I have to put in at least 200 dollars in work on the truck, and I only planned on spending 2,000 dollars, so how about 1,800. With no hesitation she says okay, it is a deal. WHAT? What is wrong with it, I can't believe they said okay with no hesitation... something is wrong here. My Mom says she knows them and they are honest people, we shall see about that? Ugh..... so I tell my Dad, turn around lets go get the truck before I have to go to work. So we swing around and within an hour I was told of a truck and bought a truck, a FORD!!!!!!!!! What was I thinking!!!!!! So I was short on time, so my Dad drove the truck home for me, and I have this truck I haven't even driven yet myself. SO I go online and check book on private party Kelly Blue book price for a poor condition extended cab Ranger and it states, 3,265. Hmmmmmmmm... score... even if the engine goes out I can replace it without going below what the truck is worth, and so far it seems to run good.... Heeeheee... I always find a deal when I am not completely looking for something... but then, it is a Ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORD, FORD, what am I thinking!!!!!! :)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Maggi said…

    A FORD?! A real honest-to-goodness Ford?!! Yeah, what were you thinking? Ah well. I hope it runs good for you.

    Ah, we got a Buick LeSabre, can you say middle-aged-to older person car, not a 20-something? But it has lots of room for baby and stuff. And runs forever. And isn't a Ford. Hehe.

    I got on here actually because I tried sending you an e-mail and it didn't go through. I got bright and sent it to your Hotmail and I think it worked.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home