Correctional stories from your not home town....

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Late for work?!!?

So, I am a little slack in my blogs, I could post a few different things on here, but last week, on Sunday I made a mistake, but hey I am one to make every mistake once... hopefully only once, so I am good now! I set my alarm for 9 since I had a shift exchange, had to work at noon, and had to leave my house at 10:30. So, my alarm never went off, I woke up at 10:20 am, and not realizing it was 10:20.... I went about my business. I showered, got ready for work, talked politics and criminal justice with my roommate and her boyfriend, and at 11:15 am I checked my phone messages and my Mom had called stating, "Hey, I saw your car was still parked in the yard, I thought you had to work at noon, or maybe you had to leave at noon?" I whipped around, looked at the clock and went, "WHAT!!!!!!?!?? It is 11:15 not 10:15!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE..... " With that left in the air I was out the door in under ten seconds with my roommate and her boyfriend jaw dropped in confusion.... :) So I was on the road and I called work stating, I am going to be late, I just left now and if I don't get pulled over for speeding I should be about 15 minutes late. They stated, oh, don't worry about it, don't speed, and don't hit a deer, be careful! I stated I would be there and would e-mail my boss letting him know I was late. They state, don't do that, we got you covered! So, I went to work and showed up at 12:15 pm, a new driving speed record, and I e-mailed my boss and got no response... perhaps he was speechless considering I turned myself in even though he wouldn't have known about it. Ah... life goes on, we all make mistakes... and I am usually 15 minutes early... it usually takes an hour and fifteen minutes to get to work and I leave an hour and a half early.
So, on Monday an old friend came over and as late as it was I went to bed and left him on my couch... he fell asleep and in the morning I was busy so I said, "Good morning, I have to go, Tracy (my roommate) will give you a ride home," and I left. Tuesday and Wednesday I cleaned the house, rode horse, hung out with Scott and relaxed watching TV. Wednesday, I went grocery shopping, cleaned the house (the cats knocked off the potted plant in the living room when the dog chased them), and hung out with Scott.... yeah... so back to work and hopefully I won't be late again.
Oh, I called on another horse and Monty Bruce (reknowned trainer) e-mailed me back stating for 225 dollars a piece he would do a two day horse training clinic up here if 10 to 15 people were interested in May... any takers...?!??!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home