Correctional stories from your not home town....

Thursday, December 21, 2006

20,000 dollar horse.. I OWN ONE!!!!

So on Wednesday, my one day off, I drove all the way to New York Mills to look at a good bloodlined, trained, solid horse that anyone can ride, supposedly... that has never bucked. So I drove four agonizing hours through no whereville, and finally ended up at this place to look at this well broke 5,000 dollar horse. Lets see.... she had a short neck.. not following her bloodlines for a reining horse, but she was pretty. I hopped on her and she didn't neck rein, didn't stop well, I had to fight her to get her to back up, she didn't know side passing, wasn't soft, and when I went in the field to ride her, she tried to do whatever she wanted, pick up speed when she wanted, and when I wouldn't let her do as she wanted, I swear she was thinking about bucking this mean rider... but I held her good and kept control. 5,000 dollars my butt.... if she is worth 5,000 then my horse is broken to death and the best broke horse alive, well worth 20,000 dollars (my mare that I would never sell anyways)! In the end, I keep looking at these expensive, supposedly "spook free well broken horses" and I realize that my two year old knows more then these horses do. Hmmmmmmmm........ well the golden boy I have decided not to sell and to send to the trainer again if I have no time to work with him myself... I think... and I talked to a trainer... a renowned trainer and he stated he might even do a horse clinic up here... on to the next adventure, my boy has his home, he is staying and one of the best horses alive... I guess looking at other horses has taught me a thing or two........ my horses are GOLDEN!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home